Welcome to the blog of the High Standard Collectors' Association. Feel free to browse around and enjoy! If you have a question about one of our posts, or have something to add, please leave a comment by clicking on COMMENTS or COMMENT just below the post. We'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, December 19, 2015

High Standard 12" Steel Competition Pistol



That cool 10" Hartford Arms in the post just below got me thinking (dangerous, that!) maybe I have a picture of my original 12" custom carbon fiber barreled High Standard.

This is the pistol I shot the first time I entered the Steel Challenge world championships eight or ten years ago.

I realized that the level of competition was going to be beyond anything I had ever seen before, and my goal was to shoot the match and just not be dead last in Rimfire Open Division. Although I didn't exactly set the world on fire with blazing speed, the long barrel and the fact that it was a High Standard, a marque seldom seem in speed steel shooting events, definitely got some attention.

....... and yes, I wasn't dead last! WOO HOO!

1 comment:

  1. Mike, I really like the carbon fiber sleeve on the barrel. That is a cool look!

    ReplyDelete