Welcome to the blog of the High Standard Collectors' Association. Feel free to browse around and enjoy! If you have a question about one of our posts, or have something to add, please leave a comment by clicking on COMMENTS or COMMENT just below the post. We'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, December 5, 2015

A Counterfeit High Standard is Found Out

I had no idea that there were people counterfeiting High Standard Pistols by converting a less expensive model to look like a rare and valuable one.

In case you missed it in the Comments to a previous post regarding counterfeit High Standard Slant Grip Victors, check this out:

COMMENTS:
  1. One correction: the highest serial number for a slant grip Victor is 2,460,614 according to John Stimson.
    Reply
  2. There is another fraudulent slant grip Victor that visually is close to perfect from the photo I have seen. However the serial number is for a catalog number 9205. Not only the serial number log but the invoice confirms the fraud.
    Reply
  3. So the final selling price for this pistol was $2275. Yikes!
    Reply
  4. Hello guys:

    I'm the guy who purchased the gun...Here is the good part of the story; had I not located this collector group web site yesterday, I would have been stuck with the gun. However, the seller has agreed to take the gun back from me and we're working on that now.

    So, all I can say gents is; THANK YOU for being out there keeping an eye on things like this.

    And, I plan on sending back the 102 I purchased just recently which I haven't received yet..

    Fred Olsen
    fredolsen59@gmail.com
    Reply
  5. Thank you for posting these pictures side-by-side for comparison. Worth way more than a thousand words.
    This is the type over valuable information that makes it worth the money to join!
    Reply
  6. Fred, I appreciate your reply concerning this pistol and the 102 pistol you also purchased. I am glad you are getting your refunds. This new weblog and John Stimson's www.histandard.info site are good places for High Standard aficionados to obtain valuable information concerning these guns.

    We hope this weblog will be a resource for collectors in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment