Welcome to the blog of the High Standard Collectors' Association. Feel free to browse around and enjoy! If you have a question about one of our posts, or have something to add, please leave a comment by clicking on COMMENTS or COMMENT just below the post. We'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

HSCA Meet in Portland, Oregon

You can click on any of these pictures to see a larger version.




From left to right: Smokey, Mike, Jennifer, Jerry, and Bert.


What a display!




Some of Mike's HS Race Guns
If you've never been to a HSCA gathering and you like High Standard firearms, you should make the effort to go. The number, quality, and variety will amaze you!

6 comments:

  1. I have a really nice HS R-108 in the box with paperwork and original purchase receipt. How would I go about finding a new appreciative owner for this pretty revolver? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any of the on line gun auction sites should be a good place to start. Use good detailed pictures and descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I acquired a Citation, with 3 barrels (all bull-barrels), 1 Full Length Target, grooved for barrel weights; 1 Sporter Length, also grooved for weights & 1 Sporter Length, ungrooved. I have a full set of weights, along with filler-strip & 2 original magazines. The barrels mount by means of tongue-in-groove, rather than a ball-in-post manner, something I had never seen before. I was unfamiliar with High Standards having such a method of barrel mounting, until I found this pistol. It was a "do it now, or it won't be available" situation, so I purchased it, about 10 or 12 years back. I was hoping to pass it on to someone who would appreciate it, but it seems that even an International auction house in the Central U.S. proved unfamiliar with accurately valuing it. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can be reached at EAdamchek@gmail.com or 413-478-1255, if anyone would like to contact me directly. Thanks for your time & consideration; I'm in the Springfield, MA area, the original High-Standard's "backyard."

    ReplyDelete
  5. After collecting High Standard 22 pistols for some years now I decided it was time to join your organization. So my application is in the mail. A current question: I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to why a Victor would suddenly develop a hammer reset failure. First shot is fine, but then no reset for the second shot. Any suggestions that I should check before I ask for where to find a competent gunsmith in the Virginia Beach, VA area? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Len, you should check the sear bar spring. It may have broken or popped out of place.

    ReplyDelete