Welcome to the blog of the High Standard Collectors' Association. Feel free to browse around and enjoy! If you have a question about one of our posts, or have something to add, please leave a comment by clicking on COMMENTS or COMMENT just below the post. We'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Cody Museum


When I went to Great Falls Montana for our HSCA meeting, I got a chance to drive down to Cody Wyoming and visit the Cody Museum.  I am not a museum person, but this one has something for everyone.  When I got to gun wing, I finally found the High Standard display all from the Franklin A. & Barbara G. Bereny Foundation.  I thought it was a great display, but when I got back to Great Falls, the guys were telling me all of the good stuff was in the basement, which was closed off the day I was there.  I guess I didn't get to see the good stuff, but I enjoyed the museum none the less.  The guards at the entrance are very informative and helpful, so if you visit, make sure you ask to get into the basement.

5 comments:

  1. I hope I make it to Great Falls next year and there is a High Standard gathering. If so, I will try really hard to make it to the museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom, I was able to go to the basement on the Monday after the gun show. The High Standards in the basement were pretty good, but nothing there beats the displays of the HSCA collectors in Great Falls. What a great sight!

    I believe there were more guns on display in your photographs than in the basement display case. I also looked in every drawer in the basement, but there were no more High Standards. That said, the museum has a fabulous collection of firearms of all varieties. I enjoyed going there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got to the basement.
    There were more Hartfords and Fialas than High Standards there.
    We saw a Model S in the engraved special collection upstairs with a wall of different High Standards as well.
    LOTS to see and great variety as well.

    jon Miller

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if they still do it, but at one time they would look up one Winchester firearm in the Winchester records with the cost of admission.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete