Welcome to the blog of the High Standard Collectors' Association. Feel free to browse around and enjoy! If you have a question about one of our posts, or have something to add, please leave a comment by clicking on COMMENTS or COMMENT just below the post. We'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Burned Citation

I am attaching a photo of the Citation that I rebuilt after it was burned in our vacation home.  This is from the article I wrote for the last HSCA newsletter.  I think the color photo is pretty interesting, so I hope you like seeing it.  I have also added a photo of the pistol after rebuilding it. 

5 comments:

  1. Its hard to imagine the intense heat that your Citation endured when the wood grip panels were completely burned off. Were the slide and barrel difficult to remove from the frame? I would think they were practically welded together. You did a marvelous job of restoration! Thanks for writing the article for the Newsletter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pistol was not difficult to disassemble. It was just grimy and caked with residue from the fire. The aluminum mount and red dot sight melted away. You can see the two mount screw sticking up on the top of the barrel. The pistol was in a gun rug, so that also burned away. I had a shooting box with extra magazines stored in the same closet as the gun cabinet, but I was not able to find any of that stuff in the debris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your article in the newsletter, and that was a totally amqazing job you did on this! Great picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wayne, I remember your article well! Your loss was a tragedy. The loss of the pistol haunted me and I thought of it many times. I am glad you restored it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wayne, I remember your article well! Your loss was a tragedy. The loss of the pistol haunted me and I thought of it many times. I am glad you restored it!

    ReplyDelete